QRZ Call Sign Lookup
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories January 22, 2021
The changes were approved, giving TARC the ability to hold meetings and conduct club business remotely (due to COVID-19 or other special circumstances).
Have you been noticing lately the number of reports about the Six Meter band opening up? This is the season and to help us prepare for these openings TARC is having a Special WebEx Presentation Night this Monday at 7:30 pm.
Lee, KX4TT will be presenting THE MAGIC BAND – THE MAGIC BEHIND SIX METERS. It’s history, what type of equipment you will need & how to know when the band is open plus a lot of other good stuff.
Join us via WebEx see below.
Join Webex meeting
Meeting number (access code): 475 254 266 Meeting password: 43ACtEXqW@7
Join from a video system or application
You can also dial 220.127.116.11 and enter your meeting number.
SPECIAL CALLED TARC GENERAL MEETING
MONDAY, MAY 4TH; 7:30 PM
‘DRIVE-IN’ location: University Sq. Mall parking lot (left side, old Burdines)
2200 East Fowler Ave, Tampa
This will be a ‘Drive-in’ meeting of all TARC membership to vote on two changes to the TARC By-Laws. We will be staying in our cars and conducting the meeting using Simplex on 2 m. We need at least eight (8) non-board members to be present to have a quorum. All members are welcome.
Kudo’s to Lu, W4LT, for his presentation Monday night on remote ham radio. This presentation covered:
- What is/are Remote Amateur Stations
- Why “Go Remote” in the first place?
- Basic “infrastructure’ requirements at the control point
- Four approaches to solving the Remote Operation problem
- Remote Ham Radio Station Subscription (Big Guns for hire!)
- RemoteHams Software based “ORB’s” you can use (or make yourself)
- “Remote Rig” boxes and the K3/0 Mini controller
- FlexRadio transceivers with and without a computer ( Maestro ! )
- Live Demo of FlexRadio 6400 with Maestro set up for Contesting
- Conclusions and comments.
If you missed the live presentation, please click here to view the remote operation powerpoint
The TARC board of directors has made the decision to suspend ALL organized meetings, testing, events and open houses until further notice due to COVID-19.
The clubhouse will continue to be available for platinum members.
Please continue to monitor this site and / or our e-mail list for updates on club activities.
To All Club Members,
As you well know, there are cases of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas counties. Besides the Corona virus, there are the normal expected flu and cold bugs going around. We ask that you please be helpful to your fellow club members and take the following common-sense precautions to reduce everyones risk:
1) Please wash your hands before eating, drinking, or preparing any food, including coffee.
2) Please wash your hands before using the radios and/or computers.
3) If you have any flu or cold symptoms, please consider staying at home and refraining from attending meetings or visiting the clubhouse until symptom-free for at least a couple of days.
Some Club members have underlying medical conditions that may render them less resistant to any infections, making any resulting illness more severe. We want to keep our friends healthy, so please follow these three requests.
Currently, the Tampa ARC Board has not announced any moratoriums or suspensions on meetings and get-togethers, nor has the Board announced any closure of the clubhouse. The Board is monitoring the situation concerning COVID-19 and will provide updates as needed. Please check back for updates regularly, and monitor the 147.105 repeater.
Click here for updated information from the CDC: