QRZ Call Sign Lookup
September 2014 » S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6Events on September 6, 2014
- TARC Clubhouse OpenStarts: 9:00 AMEnds: September 6, 2014 - 12:00 PMLocation: TARC ClubhouseDescription:
7 8Events on September 8, 2014
- TARC Business MeetingStarts: 7:30 PMEnds: September 8, 2014 - 9:00 PMLocation: TARC Clubhouse
9 10 11Events on September 11, 2014
- TARC Board MeetingStarts: 7:00 PMEnds: September 11, 2014 - 8:30 PMLocation: TARC Clubhouse, 7801 N. 22nd St., Tampa, FL 33610
12 13Events on September 13, 2014
- TARC Clubhouse OpenStarts: 9:00 AMEnds: September 13, 2014 - 12:00 PMLocation: TARC ClubhouseDescription:
14 15Events on September 15, 2014
- TARC Program MeetingStarts: 7:30 PMEnds: September 15, 2014 - 9:00 PMLocation: TARC Clubhouse
16 17 18 19 20Events on September 20, 2014
- TARC Clubhouse OpenStarts: 9:00 AMEnds: September 20, 2014 - 12:00 PMLocation: TARC ClubhouseDescription:
21 22Events on September 22, 2014
- TARC Clubhouse OpenStarts: 7:30 PMEnds: September 22, 2014 - 9:00 PM
23 24 25Events on September 25, 2014
- Ham TestingStarts: 7:00 PMEnds: September 25, 2014 - 9:00 PMDescription:
26 27Events on September 27, 2014
- TARC Clubhouse OpenStarts: 9:00 AMEnds: September 27, 2014 - 12:00 PMLocation: TARC ClubhouseDescription:
28 29 30
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories September 1, 2014
Follow TARC on Facebook
Have you sent your Representative in Congress a letter asking for their
support by co-sponsoring H.R.4969? More information about H.R.4969,
including letter writing assistance can be found here:
About eight years or so ago the ARRL created a grassroots program for
lobbying Congress on issues affecting amateurs. While the outline for
the program exists, it hasn’t been operational in our Division. Given
H.R.4969 and other potential legislation on the horizon, Vice Director
Lee and I would like to get the program running. The first step is to
identify and appoint a member of the Division that is interested in
taking on the position of Division Legislative Action Chair (DLAC) and
has the time to be able to commit to it.
The DLAC appoints, trains and manages one or more Legislative Action
Coordinators (LAC) for each state in the Division. The two documents
available at http://www.arrl.org/resources-
grassroots program in detail and there is also a training video on that
The DLAC position can be done electronically via email, telephone, and
web meeting; the DLAC is not required to physically travel around the
If you are interested in the DLAC position, please email me at
email@example.com. Please include the following in your email:
1) If you have prior experience that would help in the DLAC position
such as grassroots campaigning/organizing or management in a volunteer
organization (or whatever you believe would be beneficial)
2) Why are seeking the position
3) Why you are the best candidate for the position
Once we have a DLAC in place, we’ll begin to fill the other positions
in the structure.
The good news is that the DLAC is paid the same salary as the Division
Director! The bad news is that the salary is zero (the same as all of
the hard working Division and Section elected and appointed officials).
Thanks & 73 de Doug, K4AC, and Mike, AA6ML
ARRL Southeastern Division
Director: Doug Rehman, K4AC
From an estate (SK was deep into 2-way radios, test gear and computers). A box
of 35 lbs (16″L x 13″W x 11″D). Uncounted (but a lot of them). Untested and have
no idea of what they came out of. Also coming up will be a big mess of IC’s.
Located in northern Florida. Price: $10 plus shipping (PO or UPS). If prepaid,
can deliver for free to a mutually-attended hamfest.
From: Robert Stelmock
Subject: lost wallet
I think I lost my wallet at the Tarcfest today…….
Please contact me if found.
At the clubhouse – 7801 N 22nd ST, Tampa, FL
Gates open at 7:00 AM, tailgating at 8:00 AM
Click on the link above for further details
P.S. – If you would like to share any photos of the event, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
See you all there!
TO: Pinellas Co ACS/ARES VOLUNTEERS
DATE: Wed Aug 13 10:24:05 EDT 2014
This is a reminder for our Quarterly EC/OES Meeting:
Everyone is Cordially Invited!
The Next Quarterly EC/OES Meeting will be held on Saturday September 20th, 2014
Location: The “NEW” Pinellas County County EOC
Time: The Meeting is at 1:00- 3:00 PM, Includes a Tour of facilities
The EOC located at:
Pinellas County EOC 10759 Ulmerton Road Building 1 Suite 267
Largo, FL 33778
Talk-in 145.170- MHz PL 156.7 Hz
Lunch is at 11:00 AM at the Sonny’s Real Pit BBQ just around
the corner from the EOC on at 2250 Seminole Blvd Largo, FL 33778
Bring your Flash Drive if you want a copy of the latest Files
I have for you.
Driving Directions will be sent out later before the Meeting
Neil H. Lauritsen, Sr. W4NHL / NNN0GAL / NNN0TFH
WCF ASM & SEC
To provide better service to our members, our membership database is now online. You can now join, renew and pay for your membership online. You can also update your membership record instantly whenever you move, change your callsign, upgrade your license class or change your phone number.
After registering, you can complete on-line transactions such as paying for your membership (joining or renewing) or registering for events such as Field Day or the Christmas Party.