QRZ Call Sign Lookup
S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4Events on October 4, 2014
- TARC Clubhouse OpenStarts: 9:00 AMEnds: October 4, 2014 - 12:00 PMLocation: TARC ClubhouseDescription:
5 6Events on October 6, 2014
- TARC Business MeetingStarts: 7:30 PMEnds: October 6, 2014 - 9:00 PMLocation: TARC Clubhouse
7Events on October 7, 2014
- TARC NetStarts: 8:00 PMEnds: October 7, 2014 - 8:30 PMLocation: TARC 147.105 MHZ Repeater
8 9Events on October 9, 2014
- TARC Board MeetingStarts: 7:00 PMEnds: October 9, 2014 - 8:30 PMLocation: TARC Clubhouse, 7801 N. 22nd St., Tampa, FL 33610
10 11Events on October 11, 2014
- TARC Clubhouse OpenStarts: 9:00 AMEnds: October 11, 2014 - 12:00 PMLocation: TARC ClubhouseDescription:
12 13Events on October 13, 2014
- TARC Clubhouse OpenStarts: 7:30 PMEnds: October 13, 2014 - 9:00 PMLocation: TARC Clubhouse
14Events on October 14, 2014
- TARC NetStarts: 8:00 PMEnds: October 14, 2014 - 8:30 PMLocation: TARC 147.105 MHZ Repeater
15 16 17 18Events on October 18, 2014
- TARC Clubhouse OpenStarts: 9:00 AMEnds: October 18, 2014 - 12:00 PMLocation: TARC ClubhouseDescription:
19 20Events on October 20, 2014
- TARC Program MeetingStarts: 7:30 PMEnds: October 20, 2014 - 9:00 PMLocation: TARC Clubhouse
21Events on October 21, 2014
- TARC NetStarts: 8:00 PMEnds: October 21, 2014 - 8:30 PMLocation: TARC 147.105 MHZ Repeater
22 23 24 25Events on October 25, 2014
- TARC Clubhouse OpenStarts: 9:00 AMEnds: October 25, 2014 - 12:00 PMLocation: TARC ClubhouseDescription:
26 27Events on October 27, 2014
- TARC Clubhouse OpenStarts: 7:30 PMEnds: October 27, 2014 - 9:00 PM
28Events on October 28, 2014
- TARC NetStarts: 8:00 PMEnds: October 28, 2014 - 8:30 PMLocation: TARC 147.105 MHZ Repeater
29 30Events on October 30, 2014
- Ham TestingStarts: 7:00 PMEnds: October 30, 2014 - 9:00 PMDescription:
- There are no active watches, warnings or advisories October 26, 2014
Follow TARC on Facebook
IT'S CHRISTMAS PARTY TIME AGAIN:
For the third year, the club Christmas party will be held at The Colonnade Restaurant on beautiful Bayshore Blvd., overlooking Tampa Bay and downtown Tampa.
We have reservations set for December 1st, from 6:00p till about 9:00p.
Below is the menu of available dinner items. This year, there is no need to pre-order, just choose from the list below on arrival.
The charge is again $25.00 per person, payable in advance. Seating is limited.
CAPTAIN'S DINNER BANQUET MENU:
Served with tossed salad with creamy Ranch dressing, soft drink, coffee, tea and fresh hot Muffins.
Charbroiled, served with dill hollandaise sauce. Served with a baked potato.
JUMBO GULF SHRIMP
Golden fried to perfection in an unique special breading. Served with a baked potato.
CHICKEN PASTA ALFREDO
Grilled boneless chicken breast, fresh mushrooms and creamy Alfredo sauce over linguini.
Orange Marinated Boneless Breasts, Charbroiled. Served with Our Unique Orange Curry Dipping Sauce over Rice Pilaf.
PARMESAN HERB CRUSTED TILAPIA
Two mild farm raised fillets fried in a blend of crunchy panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic and herbs. Served with a baked potato.
Baked, stuffed with crabmeat dressing. Served with a baked potato.
December 1st, 2014 6:00 PM through 9:00 PM
3401 Bayshore Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33629
Tampa, FL 33629
|Dinner Tickets (Per Person - Total Displayed on Confirmation Page)||$ 25.00|
We are expecting a group of Boy Scouts interested in Emergency Preparedness, and getting on the air. This is the same group that came out in July for Radio Merit Badge.
Hillsborough County ARES/RACES is proud to sponsor the introductory Amateur Radio “Technician Class” License Course in a traditional classroom setting. Please invite your friends to come join the several hundred people who have taken these courses and earned or upgraded an Amateur Radio license during the last few years. This course will be held on two Saturdays, the 1st and 8th of November, 2014. The location is the Hillsborough County EOC, 2711 East Hanna Ave, Tampa, FL and run from 9 am to 5 pm
The class size is limited – and you can sign up online! Reserve your seat by signing up at www.hamtraining.com. You will receive an email with further information.
The fees break down as follows:
The testing fee is $14, and there is a refundable deposit of $20 for your class materials.
We will have a limited quantity of books available at class time for you to purchase (different from course books) for $19.95. This book is optional, but highly recommended. This take-away book will be yours to keep, and will be useful to you in your Amateur Radio activities.
Please bring a government-issued picture ID card with you to class. Your instructors are volunteers, and there are no training fees for these classes.
We look forward to seeing you and your friends and family there!
RACES Officer/ARES EC
Hillsborough County ARES/RACES
NEAR-Fest XVI – October 10 and 11, 2014 – Deerfield, New Hampshire
What is The New England Amateur Radio Festival, Inc. (NEAR-Fest)?
The NEAR-Fest is an international event run by and for amateur radio operators and other enthusiasts held at the Deerfield Fairgrounds, Deerfield NH, twice annually for two days in the Spring and Autumn. Our next event is scheduled for October 10th and 11th 2014. NEAR-Fest was chartered in the State of Vermont in 2007 as a private Not-for-Profit corporation.
NEAR-Fest typically attracts between 2,000 and 2,500 paid attendees from New England, NY, NJ, PA, MD and other east coast states as well as from Quebec, Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia in Canada. Some attendees travel great distances; one gentleman from Los Angeles has attended twelve events and in 2010 one radio amateur traveled from Greece to join us for the fun.
The program of events at NEAR-Fest is extensive; a huge outdoor electronic flea market, three buildings full of commercial vendors, forums, technical seminars, demonstrations, exhibits, displays, licensing examinations, special events radio stations, a “jam session”, good food, fellowship, fun and general mishigoss. NEAR-Fest has once been described as the “Woodstock of Amateur Radio”.
Any profits after expenses are used for benevolent projects. NEAR-Fest directs some of its resources to attracting newcomers to our hobby with a special emphasis toward young people. To that end NEAR-Fest has constructed an amateur radio station capable of communicating through satellites orbiting the Earth as a gift to the McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center in Concord NH and brokered a partnership with the Contoocook Valley Radio Club (CVRC) to operate and maintain the amateur station on a regular schedule. We also make regular contributions to a fund that supports preserving our radio frequency spectrum allocations.
Mister Mike, W1RC
Benevolent Dictator for Life